From movies and books to puppets and puzzles, Augusta County Library lends a variety of materials to its library card holders. Learn more below.
- How many items may I borrow?
- How long may I borrow items?
- How do I return items?
- What are the Overdue Fees?
You can also read the full Borrowing Policy online.
How many items may I borrow (per library card)?
Books on CD/Audiobooks: 10
Fast Traxx DVDs: 1
- Magazines: 10
Music CDs: 10
Puppets and Kits: 3
Books, CDs, Magazines & Audiobooks
Lending Period: 3 weeks
Grace Period: 1 week
- Renewal Limit: 3 times as long as there are no reserves placed on the item
Lending Period: 1 week
Grace Period: 2 days
- Renewal Limit: 3 times, as long as there are no reserves placed on the DVD
Fast Traxx DVDs
Lending Period: 1 night
- Renewal Limit: No renewals
- In-house use only at the Fishersville Library
Lending Period: 2 hours
- Renewal Limit: May not be renewed
You can renew online by logging in to your account, through the self-check out stations in Fishersville, over the phone, or in person.*
How do I return items?
You may return items to our interior book return stations or exterior book drops, located at all Augusta County Library location. However, ILL materials and Fast Traxx DVDs must be returned to the Checkout Desk at the Fishersville Library and cannot be placed in the book drop or book return.
Courier services runs between Augusta, Staunton and Waynesboro Libraries each business day and to the outlying branch and stations every week. Because we have this service, you may pick up or return materials at whichever library is most convenient to you, regardless of which location the items came from originally.
Your may also return books to our book drop at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona or the library book drop at Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave.
What are the Overdue Fees?
If you are late returning your items, you will owe the following fines:
- Books & DVDs: 10 cents per day; maximum fine charged per item is $2
- Fast Traxx DVDs: $1 per day
- Laptops: $10 per hour
- Interlibrary Loan Items: $1 per day
- All other library items: 10 cents per day; maximum fine charged per item is $2
- Collection Agency Fee: $10; charged automatically when your account balance exceeds $35
During the grace period, you will not be charged fines. However, once the grace period has passed, you will owe the daily fine for grace period days.
- 2 days for DVDs
- 1 hour for laptops
- 1 week for books and other items
When fines or fees on a library card account exceed $11, a block will be placed on the card. A blocked card cannot be used to check out materials or to use the public access computers.
Annually during National Library Week in April, Augusta County Library waives fines for overdue items. This does not include the cost of items or collection agency fees.
Each December, Augusta County Library holds Can Your Fines. During this event, we will remove the fine from one item for each food item that you bring in. (This does not include collection agency fees or the cost of lost or damaged items). The canned goods that collected go to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.