The library allows the public to use its rooms downstairs to host meetings. The library has two meeting rooms available to reserve and use, the kitchen and the large meeting room area.
Please contact Daza Craig @ (540)-885-3961, (540)-949-6354 or
firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a room.
Click HERE for the online application form.
- Groups wishing to use a meeting room shall make written application through the library. The Director of the Library will be the approving authority for all applications.
- Applications will be considered on a first come/first served basis, with Augusta County Library activities taking priority over any other scheduling.
- Groups may schedule meetings on a monthly, weekly, etc., schedule not to exceed twelve months. Applications are due by November 1 for the following year.
- The meeting rooms will be available for civic, cultural, educational, political or social gatherings but cannot be used for commercial or money-raising activities.
- The meeting rooms will not be available for the benefit of private individuals or concerns.
- Organizations may charge fees to cover the expenses of the meeting (lecture fees, dinner expenses, film rental, etc.), but no direct sales will be permitted in the meeting rooms.
- The capacity of a meeting room will be determined by the Augusta County Fire Department and the Code of Augusta County and may not be exceeded.
- Organizations will clear the meeting room no later than five minutes before library closing time.
- Meetings scheduled to begin or end when the library is not open will require the organization to schedule and pay for, in advance, a member of the library staff to be on the premises. (Hourly cost, or any part of an hour, $25.00.)
- Participants of meetings before or after library hours are not permitted in any other areas of the library.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Extra tables and chairs are available at the Main Library in Fishersville and at the Churchville Branch) if groups need to change the seating arrangements. Staff is not available for moving furniture.
- Refreshments, dinners, etc. may be served. Limited kitchen facilities are available at the Main Library and at the Churchville Branch.
- Groups using the library are responsible for cleaning up all areas that they have used, and returning chairs/tables to original locations.
- Groups not meeting the above conditions may have future requests for the use of the facilities denied and may incur clean-up or damage charges.
Please notify the library if your meeting is cancelled so others may use the room.
Revised 10/03/98, Revised 7/21/2010