Storytime is a wonderful way to begin developing early literacy skills for babies and preschool children. These 20 to 30 minute-long sessions are full of songs, dancing, rhymes and stories–all following a curriculum designed to increase your child’s vocabulary and to help prepare them for kindergarten. Storytime will also help your child develop a love of reading and the library.
Interested in having our Storytellers bring a puppet show or storytime to your school or organization? See our School Visits page.
Program descriptions follow. For event dates and times, check out our full Calendar of Events. If storytime is canceled due to inclement weather, we will update the calendar.
- Read, Play, Grow
- WHO: Children ages 0-2 with a adult
- WHAT: A play-based storytime with songs, rhymes, stories and activities that promote early literacy skills!
- Tales for Tots
- WHO: Children ages 2-3 with an adult.
- WHAT: Theme-based storytimes, including sensory bins, music, crafts and fun!
- Precious Preschoolers
- WHO: Children ages 3 to 4 with an adult
- WHAT: A fun, interactive storytime that incorporates music, puppets, crafts and sensory activities!
- Puppet Pandemonium
- WHO: The entire family
- WHAT: A fun, family friendly puppet show on the first Thursday of every month. We’ll sing, songs, read stories and have snacks. All age welcome!
- Story Hour: Thirty minutes of music, movement, stories, and puppet shows, followd by thirty minutes of self-directed play and open ended craft activities.
- Storytime in the Village is fun for all ages with an adult
Get social with us!