Storytime is a wonderful way to begin developing early literacy skills for babies and preschool aged children. These 20 to 30 minute-long sessions and are full of songs, dancing, rhymes and stories–all following a curriculum designed to increase your child’s vocabulary and to help prepare them for kindergarten. Storytime will also help your child develop a love of reading and the library.
Interested in having our Librarians on the Loose bring a puppet show or storytime to your school or organization? See our School Visits page.
Program descriptions follow. For event dates, check out our full Calendar of Events. If storytime is canceled due to inclement weather, we will update the calendar.
- Pajama Storytime is a Monday evening story time for children ages 2 to 5 with an adult
- Precious Preschoolers on Wednesday mornings are perfect for children ages 3 to 5 with an adult
- Puppet Pandemonium is a monthly evening story time featuring puppets, stories and general silly stuff for the entire family
- Terrific Toddlers on Tuesday mornings are fun for children ages 2 to 3 with an adult
- Time for Tots on Mondays are for children ages birth to 2 with an adult
- Baby Bounce on Wednesday mornings are for children ages birth to two with an adult
- Stories & More on Wednesday mornings are fun for children of all ages
- Storytime in the Village is fun for all ages with an adult