Storytime is a wonderful way to begin developing early literacy skills for babies and preschool children. These 20 to 30 minute-long sessions are full of songs, dancing, rhymes and stories–all following a curriculum designed to increase your child’s vocabulary and to help prepare them for kindergarten. Storytime will also help your child develop a love of reading and the library.
Interested in having our Storytellers bring a puppet show or storytime to your school or organization? See our School Visits page.
Program descriptions follow. For event dates and times, check out our fulL Calendar of Events. If storytime is canceled due to inclement weather, we will update the calendar.
- Read, Play, Grow
- WHO: Children ages 0-2 with a adult
- WHAT: A play-based storytime with songs, rhymes, stories and play activities that promote early literacy skills and are easy to replicate at home!
- Tales for Tots
- WHO: Children ages 2-3 with an adult.
- WHAT: Literacy based fun with favorite children’s authors! Enjoy sensory tables, music, crafts and more.
- Precious Preschoolers
- WHO: Children ages 3 to 4 with an adult
- WHAT: Literacy based fun with crafts, sensory activities, music and puppets.
- Wacky Wednesday
- WHO: Children ages 3-5 with an adult
- WHAT: A pre-school storytime incorporating S.T.E.A.M., movement, and music.
- Puppet Pandemonium
- WHO: The entire family
- WHAT: A monthly evening story time featuring puppets, stories, a snack, and general silly stuff performed by our talented teen puppet troupe!
- Story Hour: Thirty minutes of interactive books, songs, movement, art, puppets and more.
- Storytime in the Village is fun for all ages with an adult
Get social with us!