Teen Volunteer Opportunities at the Library
Do you need something to do after school? Or during the summer?
Volunteer with us and give back to your library and your community!
As a teen volunteer…
…Based on your interests and talents, you will be assisting for one hour weekly with children’s programs, helping with the day to day business of the library, meeting new people, and earning service hours for school. Teen volunteers play an important role at the library!
As a volunteer you should have…
• An interest in helping others.
• Willingness to perform a variety of projects and tasks.
• Dependability: willingness to complete assigned projects/tasks in a timely fashion.
• Capable of following instructions and working independently.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members.
• Respect for others and follow the Augusta County Library policies.
Applications to volunteer during the school year are available from August to the end of March and summer volunteering applications are available during the month of May. Except during special programs, volunteers work one hour per week.Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible to apply. We will review your application and get in touch with you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we cannot always accommodate volunteers: sometimes the library’s needs do not match up with a particular volunteer’s skill set or at times we are unable to provide adequate supervision due to our limited staffing. If you are not accepted, we encourage you to apply again in the future.
Share this with friends:
Or connect with us online: