3D printing is available at our Fishersville location for $.10/gram. Files may be submitted to library in person at any Augusta County Library location, emailed to email@example.com, or submitted to our online 3D print request form.
- The library’s Prusa i3 3D printer uses uploaded digital computer files to make three-dimensional objects from plastic
- Users must have a valid Valley Libraries library card.
- Prusa i3 3D printer will be accessed and used only by trained library staff.
- The library must approve all objects. The library reserves the right to refuse to print any object request.
- Users will submit appropriate files for approval to library staff in person at any Augusta County Library location or to
firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online request form.
- Files must be in .stl, .obj, .amf, .xml, .3mf, or .prusa formats
- The 3D printer is only available to print objects that abide by Augusta County Library policy and cannot be used to print
illegal objects. This includes:
A. Objects that are obscene or inappropriate for the library.
B. Objects that violate the immediate safety and well-being of others.
C. Objects that violate intellectual property or copyright laws.
D. Objects that are otherwise illegal by state or federal laws.
- Objects printed must be picked up within seven days of completion by the person who requested the object.
- Objects that are either not paid for in full or not picked up after seven days of completion forfeit the object to the
- Half or full payment must be made when the order is placed.
- The library is not responsible for the quality or functionality of printed objects.
- Library use of the 3D printer takes priority over patron use.
- Objects that take many hours to print or have multiple components may be shifted downward in the queue to
accommodate quicker print requests.
- Users must use library filament.
- This procedure is subject to amendment at any time without notice.
Payment Accepted: Cash, check or credit card. (VISA, MasterCard and Discover, $1 minimum for credit card).