We love our Friends! This non-profit group is dedicated to supporting and advocating for the Augusta County Library. If you’d like to make a donation to the Friends, then click the button below!
The Friends of the Augusta County Library was founded in 1978 as a charitable arm of the public library in Augusta County, Virginia. We raise money to support the needs of the Augusta County Library system, providing critical resources and programs that are not funded by state or local tax dollars. We also provide volunteers who supplement the library’s staff and provide ongoing services such as landscaping.
We are a membership-based organization with members supporting the library by paying dues, volunteering in the library, serving on committees, and assisting with fundraising activities. Officers are elected annually from the membership to oversee organizational activities.
Anyone is welcome to join the Friends and help support our wonderful public library.
Check out these lovely testimonial videos created by the Friends!
About the Friends
For more than 35 years, the Friends have supported programming, staff professional development, technology, and other needs of the Augusta County Library.
•We support literacy programs for children, including weekly storytimes, summer reading programs, STEAM programs, and Puppet Pandemonium.
•We provide copiers, printers, and fax machines for public use in all library locations.
•We purchase materials for craft activities, lectures, and exhibits for adult audiences.
•We support training opportunities for staff including memberships to professional organizations, conference registrations, and guest trainers for staff day.
•We maintain garden and reading spaces at all library locations.
•We recognize and thank the Library’s dedicated staff by providing an annual luncheon on National Library Workers Day.
•We recycle donations of books as well as items withdrawn from the Library’s collection through our Book Sale, providing public access to inexpensive books and generating income to benefit library activities.
The Friends of the Augusta County Library advocate and raise funds to support the Augusta County Library.
We envision a superior public library system with adequate resources and facilities to anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the Augusta County community.
• Literacy: We believe reading is a life-enriching experience that is also fundamental to the socio-economic well-being of individuals and our community.
• Access: We believe libraries break down barriers by providing free access to educational opportunities, information, and technologies for everyone.
• Volunteerism: We believe in making a difference and seek to inspire others to join us.
• Diversity: We believe in including and serving individuals from all walks of life, enabling us to best identify and address the needs of our community.
• Collaboration: We value and seek opportunities to meet, communicate, and partner with the businesses and organizations in our community.
• Accountability: We conduct our work in an ethical, honest, and transparent manner, preserving the intent of our donors’ charitable goals and maximizing the impact of our resources.