- The Library staff will assemble a collection of materials for use in the classroom or home school upon request.
- Unit requests may be placed in person, by phone, or online.
- At least one week’s notice is requested.
- Units will be held for up to one week from the scheduled pickup date and will then be returned to circulation.
If you are an educator (including homeschoolers) and would like to submit a request for materials, click here or on the button below.
Click here for a list of our resources to help with homework.
Homeschooling and Distance Learning
Forms for VA Homeschoolers and Distance Learners, 2020-2021
- Notice of Intent to Provide Home Instruction: CLICK HERE
- 2020-2021 Request for Distance Learning: CLICK HERE
Books with call numbers beginning with PT mean that you’ll find them in our Parent/Teacher section. This is a specially selected group of books to meet the needs of caregivers who need resources on learning activities, literacy skills, and curriculum ideas. It’s perfect for homeschooling families and anyone who needs some inspiration for teaching!
- Parent Educators of Augusta County Homes: peachva.org
- Home Educators Association of Virginia: heav.org
- Home School Legal Defense Association: hslda.org
Click the links to check out each available resource. Please note that some may require you to login with your library card.
General Knowledge Databases
Early World of Learning (grades Preschool-2)
Kids Infobits (grades K-5)
Explora Public Libraries
Explora High School (grades 9-12)
Explora Middle School (grades 6-8)
Explora Primary (grades K-5)
Career Transitions (Job and Career)
Legal Forms (Virginia specific templates for leases, sales, wills, etc.)
Rocket Languages (Language)
Universal Class (must use Augusta County Library card)