Need a wireless internet connection?
Check out one of the Augusta County Library’s new mobile hotspots! Augusta County Library provides free access to mobile hotspots for individuals who do not have access to the internet at home. The following policy outlines information related to service, lending, and associated fees.
- Hotspots can be checked out for three (3) weeks.
- Hotspots can be renewed up to a maximum of three (3) times, as long as there are no holds on the item.
- Hotspots can be placed on hold but must be picked up within seven (7) days.
- Patrons can place hotspots on hold by calling any of the Augusta County Libraries, or through their online account.
- Coverage depends on the T-Mobile network. Craigsville has 2 on the Verizon network.
- Hotspots may be picked up and returned at any of the following locations.
- Fishersville Main Library
- Churchville Branch Library
- Craigsville Library Station
- Deerfield Library Station
- Middlebrook Library Station
- Stuarts Draft Library Station
- Weyers Cave Library Station
- Waynesboro Public Library
- Staunton Public Library
- Overdue Mobile Hotspots will be disabled after 24 hours if not returned to the library.
- Please do not return Mobile Hotspots in the book drop. Please return them inside the building
- One Mobile Hotspot per household at a time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Connect up to 10 devices to the Mobile Hotspot.
- Mobile Hotspots are not filtered, and it is the user’s responsibility to use the device responsibly, consistent with the educational and informational purpose for which it is provided, and not for any unauthorized, unethical, or illegal purposes.
- Any attempt to alter data or the configuration of the Mobile Hotspot is strictly prohibited and may be considered an act of vandalism and subject to full replacement costs.
- The library reserves the right to rescind privileges for the checkout of items if these guidelines are not followed.
Mobile Hotspots are free to borrow. Augusta County Library does not charge daily late fees for overdue items. The mobile hotspot is considered lost after 30 days overdue, at which point the user will be billed for the following replacement costs.
Below is a list of replacement costs. The patron is responsible for the following should any items included in the hotspot kit be damaged or lost:
- Replacement fee for Mobile Hotspot: $75
- Replacement fee for wall charger: $10
- Replacement fee for charging cable: $5
- Replacement fee for case: $10
- Fee for returning in book drops: $5 (plus replacement costs, if necessary)
The Augusta County Library is not responsible for personal information shared over the Internet or for information and websites accessed using the device, or for any misuse, harm, or any other result due to the use of the Mobile Hotspot.
Approved by the Library Board 11/17/2022