The Augusta County Library (ACL) is committed to providing library services throughout the county, not just in our buildings. Outreach Services are brought directly to patrons in order to reduce gaps in access and increase community connections. Request an outreach visit here.
When selecting locations for outreach, we prioritize communities with:
- Physical barriers to library locations including distance
- Low-income level and high-risk factors
- Traditionally underserved populations
Outreach Services take a variety of forms and ACL works closely with partners to find the right fit for the community.
Current Outreach Services at ACL consist of the following:
Pop-Up Libraries are library experiences outside of library locations tailored to match the needs and interests of intended patrons. Check out the three types of Pop-Up experiences:
- Library Card Sign Up: Receive a library card on the spot and learn about how to use it to check out books, e-books, and e-audiobooks.
- Books & More Check-out: Choose from an assortment of books and other library materials selected based on input from the individual/organization requesting the outreach. Check out materials with your library card or take a free book home and add it to your own library.
- Programming & Demonstrations: Discover something new through interactive programming and hands-on demonstrations for all ages, in addition to library card sign-up and material check-out.
Library programs can be taken directly to patrons in retirement communities, schools, businesses, and community gathering places.
- Youth Programming On The Go: Join us here at the library for a field trip or have one of our Youth Services Staff come to you! We can provide tours of the library, literacy and STEM-based experiences, research help, and more. Please fill out the outreach request form so we know how to better serve you.
- Tech Instruction: Learn how to code, scan old photos and documents for safekeeping, create a model on a 3D printer, and more.
Deposit Collection Delivery
Deposit collections offer library materials at an off-site location. Library staff will work with sites to choose titles that fit their needs. These materials may be free donations or items available for checkout.
Request Outreach Services
ACL will review and evaluate outreach partnerships on a routine basis to ensure that resources are being used effectively. To request Outreach Services, complete this form. Please submit the form at least 30 days prior to the requested date.
Any questions can be directed to Jennifer Brown, Library Director, at 540-885-3961, or by email at email@example.com.